Thursday, June 30, 2011

Six Weeks?

I'll be 34 weeks tomorrow.
Do I really have only six more weeks left?
That is not a lot of time. Sad thing is I feel like I don't have the time to do a lot of what I would like to do. Like SEW!
We had a appointment with our Midwife this week. It went really well. It just makes you at ease sitting and talking with someone who has witnessed more than 1,000 births, less than 10% of those being at a hospital, the rest being at home. You can tell she really cares A LOT about women and birthing and that she has your best interest at heart. I can truly say I never felt that way around the doctors I had with my previous births. One of the great things about giving birth at home is the care that you receive. These women come to your house and spend your labor with you. There is no "changing of the guard" like the nurses in the hospital(who by the way, you have NEVER met). You develop a relationship with the women who will be there to help you through. It is great. J and I were talking about what we are looking forward too this birth.. something we never talked about for our previous births. My main thing is the comfort of being in my own house, laboring in my own clothes(or no clothes), sleeping in my own bed(I absolutely love my bed), not having the hassle of coming home from the hospital or packing a bag to go to the hospital. I don't have to worry about being away from my other kids and the fact that they couldn't come see us if we were at the hospital(hospital policy that no one under 12 is allowed into the birthing center). I am really looking forward to it.
So I thought that July 28th would be a good date for the baby to come but now I am re-thinking it. As much as I love that date, I really need that whole week to relax. We are planning on taking a trip to Ludington and I want to make the most of it. I know that you really can't "plan" things like natural labor. It just happens. But it would be nice to have that whole week. August 1 is nice? Or the 4th was my Grandpa's birthday. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Another thing I determined was that I will let you know what the ultrasound said we are having(because you know ultrasounds have been wrong before) on August 14, if I get that far. Does that sound fair?
Also, first news of anything will be posted here. Not Facebook. I am even banning J from it. I will probably block everyone from posting on my wall until I'm really to announce it officially. If I can get J to block his wall then I will. I just feel it will be better that way.
Are you excited? I am.

1 comment:

  1. this post made me smile for many reasons :D So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete