Friday, March 28, 2014

21 Weeks

Today I am 21 weeks along.  I had an OB/GYN appointment but didn't see my doctor, she had been called into a C-section.  It is a little weird having doctors care after a pregnancy with a midwife.  See with midwives you usually wait 5-10 minutes at most and have an hour long visit with them.  At this point I would have been having my 3rd visit with my midwife. Instead I have seen my doctor one time, our 16 week visit was a 2 hour round table discussion with other mothers and a childbirth educators.  We talked about nutrition and exercise and other pregnancy related topics which I guess was nice... I do have a lot of questions for my OB so I was a little disappointed when she wasn't available(Midwives don't miss appointments last minute for emergency surgeries).

This is an exciting development: I felt little girl move.. on the outside!!
I have been feeling movement here and there for the few weeks but this is the first kick I could feel with my hand.  So exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment